ScanProof Trophy/Achievement Guide Guides
Be prepared with jam comms.
First find an open area with a motor boat nearby.
Then start killing nearby pedestrians, if they try to call the police, shoot them.
Do this until you have five stars.
Then find a boat and escape before getting detected by police.
If police start chasing you, then you can't get the Trophy/Achievement, so escape using jam comms.
Weapon Crates Locations Guide Guides
Nine Weapon Crates are hidden in garages throughout the city. Search the locations described below to find them all, which will earn you the weapons and items from within the crates, the Spec-Ops Goblin weapon, a side quest, and the "Saturday Night Special" achievement.
- Crate #1 - Go to Parker Square and head southeast until you reach a garage. You'll need to use CCTV cameras to find the terminal on the roof of a nearby building. Unlock the garage and go inside.
- Crate #2 - Go to the Wards and head north to Jay's Garage. Look at the top of the building marked "garage" to unlock the door.
- Crate #3 - Go to Brandon Docks. Locate the VessalMart sign and circle around the back of the nearby Cash Run mini game area. Climb the metal stairs to reach the terminal that unlocks the VessalMart Garage. Go inside.
- Crate #4 - Go to Brandon Docks and head south of Parkfield Station. The garage by the warehouse is your goal. Circle around to the back to find the terminal to unlock it. There is an audio log inside as well as the crate.
- Crate #5 - Go to the Loop and find the garage to the south of the L-Train tracks. Use the CCTV cameras to reach the terminal at the top of the warehouse to the east and unlock the garage door. There is an audio log inside as well as the crate.
- Crate #6 - Near the middle of the Loop, slightly to the north, there is a hard-to-find Traffic Tunnel garage. Once you find it, go up the metal stairs to the west to hack the terminal and unlock the garage.
- Crate #7 - Go to the Loop and head southeast of the Farris Halstead Library Train Station. Find the garage in an alley, and then use the CCTV cameras to reach the terminal on top of the roof across from you and unlock the door. There is an audio log inside as well as the crate.
- Crate #8 - Go to the Mad Mile and head southwest toward the L-Train tracks to find the next garage. Get a truck and drive up to the garage. Climb on top of the truck and make your way to the roof to access the terminal and unlock the garage. There is an audio log inside as well as the crate.
- Crate #9 - Go to the Mad Mile and head northeast until you reach the coffee shop. There is a garage in its parking lot. Use the CCTV cameras to reach the terminal on top of the air ducts of the building nearby and unlock the garage.
Burner Phones Locations Guide Guides
Eight Burner Phones can be hacked in the city to hear the conversations between Maurice and the caller. Search the locations described below to find them all and earn the Vespid LE vehicle and the "Sanity Check" achievement.
- Phone #1 - This is in Parker Square, but you will find it as a required part of the campaign.
- Phone #2 - Go to Pawnee and circle around to the back of the Fish Restaurant. Go inside the blue shack to find the phone on a cabinet.
- Phone #3 - Go to the Pawnee Trailer Park and climb onto the two connected trailers to find the phone.
- Phone #4 - Go to Pawnee and approach the Crazy Moose Motel. The phone is behind the "L" in the sign.
- Phone #5 - Go to the Wards and find the Rossi-Fremont Tenements. Go to the building in the middle, the one with the broken pillars, and climb the stairs to find the phone on the floor.
- Phone #6 - Go to Brandon Docks and head southeast to find the Treatment Plant warehouse. There is a container near an open window. Use it to access the building. The phone is on a mattress inside.
- Phone #7 - Go to Brandon Docks and enter the white Shipping Warehouse. In the southwest corner of the warehouse, the phone is waiting on a desk.
- Phone #8 - Go to the Loop and head to the Shanty Town. Locate the Bunker and then find the workbench. The phone is on a mattress nearby.
Evading Police and Other Enemies Guides
You aren't powerful enough to fight the police very often. Try to avoid them. Once you've committed a crime, your map will mark witnesses as red triangles. The triangle's border will fill up with red as the witness puts a call through to the police. Try to stop these witnesses before they can complete the call, preferably through non-lethal means to avoid creating new witnesses.
If you know there are too many witnesses for you to stop, leave the area. The ctOS scan will begin next, with a large circle on the map designating the overall search area, and a smaller circle showing the immediate search area. Either avoid the circles or hide.
If the police are after you, your best option is often to get out of there and avoid them until they give up. They won't follow you into the water, so take a boat and make your escape if it becomes necessary. You may still be in danger from the police helicopter, although one unlockable skill will allow you to shut it down for a short time. If you're in a car while being chased, try to evade and hide.
Parking lots are a good place to hide. Hack into the doors to open them, and then close them behind you. You can do the same with gated-off areas, although the gates will only slow your pursuers.
During chases near buildings, whether you are the one being chased or fled, you can hack water pipes and electric panels to slow the other person. You can blow up underground steam pipes to destroy roads. If you hack street lights, you can cause crashes and block the road.
During multiplayer, mingle with the crowd after you cause some destruction, to hide from other players by being in the middle of the crash/debris.